This position is a CT / Rad Tech PRN to work Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 9am to 5:30pm w/rotating CT call.
1. Under the supervision of the Radiology Director and Radiology Manager, is responsible for the provision of Imaging Services to include the specialty areas of CT, routine diagnostic x-rays, portable x-rays, and fluoroscopy.
2. Responsible for maintaining on-going Quality Control (QC) processes in CT department.
3. Ensures patient safety by providing adequate radiation protection following the standard of care of the Texas Department of Radiation Control.
4. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
5. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
6. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
7. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
8. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
9. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
10. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and satellite staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
11. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
12. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
13. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
14. Other duties as assigned
Current (ARRT) (R) (CT) registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or ARRT (R) and ARRT (CT) registry eligible. Must attain ARRT (CT) certification within six months of hire date. Current certification with the Texas Department of Health (CMRT).
Previous experience in hospital environment . Experience with Neonatal
patients a plus.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must be able to demonstrate skills in CT and routine radiography. Comprehensive knowledge of radiographic positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts. Ability to plan work and complete assignments in a timely manner without close supervision. Reads and writes English with the skills necessary to translate physician
's orders. Basic computer and typing skills. Knowledge of standard precautions. Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, internal and external partners needs.