The CT-MORE Manufacturing Technician is responsible for all duties within the CT-MORE manufacturing division. This person will be accountable to the CT-MORE Manufacturing Supervisor. This person will be responsible for preparation, manufacturing and testing and all of downhole instrumentation equipment, maintaining quality control on all manufacturing duties. The incumbent will be responsible for aiding in training of the Manufacturing Operators and others assisting in the manufacturing process at the job site. Additional duties include maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment at the manufacturing site. The incumbent will maintain the highest standards of quality and safety of all PROMORE personnel and contracted personnel while on site. The Manufacturing Technician reports to the CT-MORE Manufacturing Supervisor and Production Supervisor. When the CT-MORE Production Supervisor is not present they will report to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and tests all instrumentation and instrument cables for the downhole tools.
- Responsible for inventory control under the supervision of the CT-MORE Manufacturing Supervisor
- Responsible for maintaining quality control standards for new and existing products.
- Responsible for quality control standards for new and existing employees.
- Responsible for reviewing and executing job/project plans as laid out by CT-MORE Production Supervisor
- Responsible for everyone’s safety, including their own, at the job site. Performs safety meetings, explaining the work plan and safe work procedures daily or as task requires.
- Effectively and efficiently completes tasks required by the department in the given time frames.
- Performs tear-down and servicing on tools that have been pulled from existing wells.
- Ensures that shop and manufacturing workspace areas are always clean, well maintained and presentable so that they reflect PROMORE’s professional image.
- Schedules and prioritizes tasks based on priority levels of jobs assigned.
- Promptly reports assembly problems to the CT-MORE Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Reports any problems, incidents or “near misses” immediately to the CT-MORE Production Supervisor and Safety Manager. Participates in incident investigation as required.
- Cooperates and communicates effectively with customers, other departments and service providers.
- This job will require the ability to learn and use a 10-20 ton articulating crane. The incumbent will also need to learn crane signals in order to safely guide contracted crane service while on job site.
- May require some travel to locations
- Use of hydraulic jigs to perform work required.
- Welding with orbital welders and torch brazing silver rod to stainless steel required.
- Rigging coiled tubing to large spools for shipment to final location.
- Testing electronics with pre-installed computer programs and Fluke electrical tester
- Working 10-14’ off the ground will be required at times.
- Prepares for X-ray testing of welds and pressure testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Minimum of 3 years of related experience is required. Experience using a Fluke electrical tester required.
Ability to read and write in English required. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals required. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively in English with customers or other employees of organization is required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver’s license required. CDL Class B driver’s license is preferred.
Basic computer skills required (for example, Word and Excel).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities t perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. T he employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will be required to work outdoors for up to 90% of the work day in varying weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Core Laboratories - 17 months ago