Do you have what it takes to be a Customer Service Technician II at CenturyLink?
The Customer Service Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· The installation, maintenance and repair of telephone and/or coin telephones on customer premises and cable routes.
Install and maintain High Speed Internet circuits and equipment.
Note: Attendance, conduct, and performance records will be considered in the selection process.
Posting Date: 2/10/2013
Posting Closing Date: 2/18/2013
· Job requires specialized advanced vocational skills (generally non-theoretical) acquired on or off the job, typically gained through a combination of education and relevant experience, totaling 4 years post-high school or equivalent.
· High school graduate or equivalent, an associate degree in electronics, or 2 years work related experience or must have completed 12 college credit hours in computer science or electronics subject to company approval.
· Possess and maintain valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
· Accept call-outs and overtime as a condition of employment.
· Satisfactorily complete company schools: AC/DC; Basic OSP, Service Tech Modules 1, 2, 3, Basic Transmission and Noise Mitigation, and Cable Repair.
· Successfully meet physical requirements; able to distinguish all colors; work aloft from ladders, platforms, poles (with climbers), and bucket trucks; safely lift, carry, set up and secure 75 lb ladder; able to load/transport standard nitrogen cylinder.
· Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Possess a good attendance, work and safety record.
· Work from oral or written instructions with the ability to plan work without direct supervision.
· Possess proficient personal computer operation skills.
· Must be able to work with internal and external customers.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 3 years ago - save job