Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
At Conifer Health Solutions, we offer the strength and stability of Tenet Healthcare, a Fortune 500 company, with the ingenuity and energy of a healthcare independent. We are a healthcare solutions company born from the healthcare industry. We take care of hospital business, so hospitals can focus on caring for patients. Ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to a company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with the benefits and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for answering inbound customer, payer, and attorney calls related to patient accounting questions for hospitals. Calls are primary related to accounts with government and non-government insurance however may also be for self pay and uninsured. The work environment is within a fast-paced call center with a requirement to be talking on the phones 70% or more of the work day.
Ascertain the reason for the call and assist the caller with their questions, concerns or problems with the focus on first call resolution. Respond to callers needs in a manner that provides immediate and accurate information. When necessary, coordinate resolution to problems by ensuring the matter is placed in to the correct work queue for the issue expert to effectively resolve the customers concern or complaint.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Exceptional customer service skills including effective and efficient problem solving and analyzing skills
- Professional and calming tone of voice with complete command of the English language free of use of inappropriate grammar
- Ability to facilitate conversations with others and establish an understanding of the customer's issue/reason for contact
- Ability to perform essential job functions with high degree of independence, flexibility, and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to maintain control of the call by de-escalating issues and instilling confidence that the resolution has been found.
- Ability to function effectively under stress of conflicting demands on time and attention and, sometimes, under duress from difficult personalities
- Ability to interpret and apply reimbursement aspects of managed healthcare contracts
- Attentive listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate a response to the customer using appropriate voice modulation
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High school education or the equivalent
- 1 - 2 years prior experience in an inbound call center and/or customer service environment; hospital patient account billing with experience or knowledge of 3rd party reimbursements from insurance companies and government payers is a plus.
238-Conifer - Anaheim - CA
8 Hour Day
- 2 years ago - save job
Conifer Health Solutions connects consumers, providers and those who bear risk to help ensure quality clinical and financial outcomes....