Business Unit: Higher Education Group (River Grove,IL) |
Location: ILLINOIS (RIVER GROVE)
Requisition Number: foll-00009354
Job Type: Regular
Business Unit Profile:
Follett Higher Education We help institutions, administrators, faculty and students achieve a shared goal: to fully realize the powerful benefits of higher education. From a small community college to a large state university system, from the heartland to the inner city, from the East Coast to the West, across Canada and the United States, the needs and requirements of institutions of higher learning are as individual as the students they teach. We are the nation's largest operator of college bookstores, generating more than $2.0 billion in annual sales at more than 830 locations. We also are the industry's premier wholesale book distributor-a leader in helping students manage the increasing cost of a college education. Whether it's a brand-new sweatshirt with a college logo or a used calculus textbook, Follett has always been the place to go. And as more and more shoppers go online, Follett is there as well-efollett.com is now one of the largest online retailers on the Internet. Please visit our website to learn more at www.fheg.follett.com
The Customer Service Trainer is a highly visible position, reporting to the Director of Customer Service and will be responsible for developing best in class training curriculums, contact channel-specific tools and materials (i.e. call scripts, and email standard text), and clear and concise step-by-step instructions for associates to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
The Customer Service trainer will work closely with department managers, including cross departmental management, to understand product capabilities and develop training materials that addresses key features, service issues requiring trouble-shooting, and proactively anticipate customer questions or concerns with our services and products to educate the contact center associates.
The Trainer will be the subject matter expert for all process and technological aspects of our contact center and assist in training both new and existing associates to enhance the current quality practices and efficiencies.
- Develop, review conduct, and evaluate comprehensive training plan activities in alignment with management objectives while maintaining a strong commitment to quality and adaptability to change.
- Facilitate training sessions for department new hires as well as current associates in business applications and soft skills. As necessary, provides training to external vendor partners on FHEG customer service standards and expectations.
- Coordinate and deliver targeted training solutions using a mix of quality assurance reviews, side by side learning, e-learning, and classroom style sessions to address identified knowledge/training gaps against business objectives.
- Create and manage a centralized training material repository of information related to policies, and updates for Customer Service department including documentation on work processes, procedures, systems, and internal applications.
- Track and report training completions and prepare analysis of programs by examining learner's satisfaction levels, content effectiveness in alignment with FHEG Training & Development standards and department strategies/initiatives, revises and rewrites content as necessary.
- Serve as a team leader for the Customer Service management team as needed.
- Four-year degree in training, human resources, adult education, business communication or related field.
- Three to five years of prior experience developing and delivering training; experience in a lead role is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in instructional design and adult learning theory.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills. The ability to effectively communicate and interact at many organizational levels.
- Strong presentation and classroom facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing quality with on time delivery.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office products; MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and CRM software such as Salesforce, etc.
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of new applications and processes in order to support training implementations.
- This position requires the ability to travel to contact center partners (overnight) throughout the U.S. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming individuals with diverse talents and backgrounds.
Follett Corporation - 19 months ago