About Capital Bikeshare:
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Capital Bikeshare currently operates with over 225 stations and 1900 bikes in Washington, DC, the City of Alexandria, VA and Arlington VA, with system expansion planned in both jurisdictions. Through contracts with the Washington DC Department of Transportation (DDOT), the City of Alexandria, VA and Arlington County VA, Alta Bicycle Share is responsible for all “on the ground” aspects of Capital Bikeshare, including but not limited to: station and bike building and deployment, station and bike repair and maintenance, and bicycle redistribution.
Overview of Position:
Capital Bikeshare is currently seeking qualified Bike Mechanics to help meet the demands of our Service Department. This is a part-time position. Morning, evening, and weekend shifts are currently available.
Key Aspects of Position:
· Complete bicycle repairs in a professional and timely manner.
· Set a schedule and report for work as assigned.
· Respond to requests from your manager(s).
· Assist in maintaining an OSHA compliant workplace.
· Ensure that all necessary reporting is accurate, complete and timely.
· Keep a positive relationship with all co-workers.
· Contribute to the future growth of Capital Bikeshare.
Alta - 21 months ago