POSITION DESCRIPTION/PERFORMANCE REVIEW
Position Title: Cafe Worker VC
Departmental Title: Food Services Department
Supervisor’s Title: Café Supervisor
The Café Worker is responsible to provide customers of the Village Cafe with prompt, friendly and courteous service in a clean and pleasurable atmosphere. Acknowledges co-workers’ ideas, assistance, opinions, and feedback.
1. Present and prepare the menu items in an eye appealing and sanitary manner.
2. Fills salad bar with ice and replenishes salad bar and deli station food items.
3. Serves meals to customers, practicing portion control.
4. Opens up, operates cash register and scales and closes out register and reconciles transactions after each meal.
5. Maintains sanitation of the Village Cafe serving and dining room areas during and at end of scheduled shift.
6. Assists with end of shift duties ie. breaking down salad bar, deli station, grill station and steam table, storage of food, documentation and disposal of leftovers.
7. Bags floor stock items and assembles floor stock.
8. Assembles salad bar ingredients and slices meats and cheeses.
9. Fills steam table wells with water and turns on/off steam table wells according to operating schedule.
10.Writes menu on chalkboard.
11.Prepares salad bar, deli station, grill station, and food items order slip for next day.
12.Communicates with kitchen regarding Village Cafe production and next shift.
13.Reports to work on assigned shifts according to posted schedule. Flexibility to change schedule as needed.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Middle school graduate or equivalent preferred.
2. Will provide on-the-job training