Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire a Nutritional Services Cafeteria Assistant who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Orlando Facility Profile:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest
and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Day shift, variable hours, variable days every other weekend
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. TheNutritional Services Generalist (NSG) is cross-functional in nature and can be assigned various areas. These areas include but are not limited to cashier, food preparation, food server, deli/ salad bar, smoothie/ dessert/ coffee/ dining room attendant, etc. NSG must operate the cash register with speed and accuracy while providing world-class service. This role is responsible for preparing, serving, and\or maintaining the quality of hot or cold food items and\or maintaining the orderliness of work areas as assigned. NSG ensures that when preparing foods, they will follow recipe specifications and ensure the products meet standards for quality, taste, appearance, freshness as well as proper portions and product labeling. It is expected that a NSG meet production/service deadlines, and demonstrate cost conscious behaviors. All sanitation, safety, cleanliness, food storage and food handling standards must be followed. This role may be expected to clean and/or stock throughout the shift. Must have knowledge of food items and must interact with customers to answer questions and to promote food offerings.
Knowledge Skills, Education & Experience Required:
Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry to include front of the house, back of the house and customer service
- Previous cash register\ cash handling experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Serv Safe or equivalent
PREFERRED LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION
Call to Action
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Contributes to the 3 vital areas that are necessary for Florida Hospital to grow and succeed:
- Outstanding customer service
- Cost conscience behaviors
- Quality and safety of products and work environment
- Communicates to customers in a friendly and courteous manner, while preparing and/or serving food, cleaning the dining and/or servery areas, operating the cash register, etc.
- Monitors food at serving areas for fresh appearance, proper holding times, and proper temperatures; records temperatures as needed
- Adheres to all sanitation and safety standards
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing duties according to established NS guideline
- Communicates with production cooks and other staff on needs of food product when low and/or overstocked; strives to balance not running out\ not throwing out product
- Ensures that proper signage is available that reflect accurate information that must include food labeling and proper prices
- Ensures availability of serving utensils, china, and carryout containers; keeps area stocked
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure a smooth operation of the department. Follows FH Policy & Procedure guidelines including departmental Policy and Procedure to include state and In-house Sanitation & Safety standards
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Nutritional Services Cafeteria Assistant opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today.
Nutrition / Food Service
Jul 14, 2014, 1:48:26 PM
Florida Hospital - 30+ days ago
Adventist Health System Sunbelt Healthcare's mission is to serve the community, and boy, does it! One of the country's largest...