To prepare and decorate assorted cakes for cases and customer orders in an attractive and timely manner as well as, maintain highest standards in cleanliness and customer service. Ensure that the work shift contributes to the best financial interest of the store.
· Observe all store rules and company policies.
· Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress regulations. Hair net required.
· Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled.
· Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
· Maintain cleanliness of counter, cases, equipment and cooler on a continuous basis.
· Make sure all items are properly signed.
· Decorate assorted cakes, pies, and cookies for bakery cases and for special customer orders.
· Maintain stock throughout the day.
· Follow and complete managers To Do list each day.
· Plan and organize development plan including setting goals, prioritizing and organizing tasks and developing appropriate time lines.
· Meet work schedule requirements consistently and punctually.
· Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise. Check and verify deliveries to ensure that items listed on invoices are all delivered. Check products for count, quality, and condition.
· Be able to decorate to company standards with respect to quality and quantity.
· Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
· Greet all customers and provide prompt assistance and courteous service. Smile and make eye contact.
· Wait on customers including bread slicing, cutting, weighing, packaging, and pricing merchandise.
· Demonstrate product knowledge and honestly represent the quantities and contents of each product.
· Handle customer complaints in a calm and reasonable manner, call and refer to manager.
· Record special orders for cakes and other bakery products.
· Work for combination ‘plus,’ and suggestive sales and utilize the intercom according to company standards.
· Adhere to all standards outlined in the Customer 1st Strategy Program.
· Assist in training new personnel when assigned.
· Maintain good communication in the department and throughout the organization.
· Notify manager of personnel situations or policy violations having adverse effect on store operations performance or of situations requiring disciplinary action or that may potentially require such action.
· Follow all cash handling procedure guidelines and company policies with regards to One Touch Accounting.
· Record all shift hours worked in the Kronos Biometric Reader.
· Achieve established benchmarks by working with a ‘sense of urgency’.
· Honestly keep breaks and lunches within the prescribed limits.
· Control excessive use of supplies.
· Order all cake decorating supplies and maintain the inventory.
· Record all customer and employee purchases into a cash register efficiently and accurately.
· Be knowledgeable of product and able to recognize differences between various types of merchandise.
· Be able to identify the different sales departments within the store and be able to record sales correctly.
· Handle damaged or spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
· Inventory all cake décos and supplies for decorating.
· Maintain proper rotation of product to avoid spoilage.
· Sample items to make sure they are good.
· Record all sales into cash register in accordance with all company cash handling procedures.
· Verify all customer IDs and observe store policies pertaining to the acceptance of checks.
· Adhere to company policies regarding excessive cash in register and request cash pulls in accordance with such policies.
· Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customer/employee actions and behavior. Report to manager or person in charge any suspicious behavior.
· Keep individual payment receipt with you during breaks and lunch periods.
Maintenance and Safety
· Comply fully with safety policies and procedures.
· Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
· Ensure floors are clean and sanitized according to state, and federal health regulations and company policy.
· Assist in keeping all sales and storage areas clean, clear and in good order.
· Use and maintain equipment in good working order and report any problems or malfunctions to your supervisor.
Tools and Equipment Used
· Utensils, bags, bowls, sprayer, dishwasher, Hobart mixer, sink, six wheeler, racks, trays, shopping carts, transit racks, air brush gun, flavored icings, fruit/pie fillings, fresh fruit, glaze, food coloring, gloves, décor bags/paper, cake decos and cake supplies, chemical cleaners and sanitizers.
Work Surface /Environment
· Preparation tables with a smooth surface.
· Bakery consists of hot temperatures near ovens; cold temperature in walk-in freezers; bakery fumes and occasional noise. Caution: fruit fillings- individuals may be allergic or sensitive.
Other Job Demands
· Basic math skills
· Reading, speaking and writing English
· Steady eye-hand coordination
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Complete food handlers course and obtain current permit where required.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
· Minimum of three years experience in department preferred, but not required.
· Decorating experience is preferred, but not required.
Potential Career Path from this Position:
· Assistant Bakery Manager
Submit your interest through the Kroger Career Opportunities Web Site on the Fry’s intranet (see management for instructions if needed). Your interest must be followed up by your written “Application for Posted Position" with your Store Manager’s signature. Application and interest must be received by Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 by 4:00 p.m.
Please complete your application thoroughly, as it will be used as a screening tool to determine who will receive an interview. All candidates may not be interviewed.
Post on Bulletin Board
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“We Value and Embrace Diversity and Inclusion"
Kroger - 18 months ago
From a small grocery store founded by Ren Smith in Brigham City, Utah, Smith's Food & Drug has grown into a regional powerhouse...