Provides excellence in customer service to policyholders, agents and Company associates in person, by telephone, fax, and email; analyzes inquiries and other non-routine or complex correspondence; maintains a working knowledge of all Farmers Life products, services, and procedures.
• Responsible for answering inquiries on all Farmers Life products, services, and procedures; provides detailed policy information such as policy status, application status, underwriting requirements, delivery requirements, policy changes, policy values, and billings.
• Researches, analyzes, and responds to Insurance Department, agent and policyholder complaints. Independently handles escalated cases from research to resolution on behalf of management including preparation of a written response for higher level approval. Provides priority handling of all Insurance Department inquiries and written complaints.
• Investigates and completes complex casework. Assists Customer Service Advocate I with complex or non-routine policyholder inquiries.
• Assists in updating Company published procedure bulletins, directive memos, and departmental training materials.
• Analyzes inquiries to determine appropriate action and ensures satisfactory completion; by routing to other service departments for required handling and follow through.
• Monitors department voicemails and emails; provides reply within 24 hours.
• Maintains a working knowledge of Farmers Life products, established rules and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Processes policy changes, disbursements, billing-related changes, reopens, reissues and annuity not-takens, as dictated by department responsibilities. Verifies production changes by utilizing the administration system and on-line reports.
• Provides policy contract information to policy holders, agents and other departments; calculates and provides policy values and policy accounting information. Inputs workload data to spreadsheets, or other established reporting system daily.
• Approves annuity new issues; and verifies minimum requirements for issue. Verification of agent licensing and appointment. Completes commission adjustments for reverted commissions, application and issue advances and folio adjustments.
• Audits, reconciles and corrects policies on the Termination After Issue report. Audits, reconciles, and corrects suspense account and general ledger entries and referrals.
• Provides explanations and answers questions regarding advances, policy count, sales count, lapse ratio, chargebacks, replacements and life performance bonus for all third party commissions.
• Responsible for positive contribution to Customer Experience Expectation results.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Previous call center or policy service experience a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task under pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to understand and communicate complex tasks verbally and in writing.
• Must be available to work until 4:00 pm.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10-lbs. maximum and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
1 year of call center or policy service experience
Special Skills Requirements
Verbal and written communication skills
Zurich Insurance Group - 15 months ago
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe,...