Provides excellence in customer service to policyholders, agents and other Company associates in person, by telephone, fax, and email; analyzes inquiries and other non-routine or complex correspondence; maintains a working knowledge of all Farmers Life products, services, and procedures.
• Responsible for answering inquiries on all Farmers Life products, services, and procedures; provides detailed policy information such as policy status, application status, underwriting requirements, delivery requirements, policy changes, policy values, and billings.
• Handles requests and complaints from policyholders, agents and Company associates via telephone, written correspondence, email, or in person.
• Analyzes inquiries to determine appropriate action and ensures satisfactory completion by routing to other service departments for required handling and follow through if necessary.
• Monitors department voicemails and emails; provides reply within 24 hours.
• Maintains a working knowledge of Farmers Life products, established rules and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Audits, reconciles, and corrects suspense account and general ledger entries and referrals.
• Processes plan changes and replacements. Verifies production change s by utilizing the administration system and on-line reports.
• Processes reopens, reissues, annuity not-takens, and verifies policies for accuracy. Processes after-issue changes.
• Provides policy contract information to policy holders, agents and other departments; calculates and provides policy values and policy accounting information. Inputs workload data to spreadsheets, or other established reporting system daily.
• Approves annuity new issues; and verifies minimum requirements for issue.
• Verification of agent licensing and appointment Sorts mail and processes administrative requirements for Tele-Application cases Completes commission adjustments for Alpha Jr’s, replacements, and Legacy.
• Provides explanations and answers questions regarding advances, policy count, sales court, lapse ratio, chargebacks, replacements and life performance bonus for traditional business Audits, reconciles and corrects policies on the Commission Transaction Audit report and Outstanding Application Advance report.
• Completes agent changes and manual adjustments as warranted.
• Responsible for positive contribution to Customer Experience Expectation results.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Call center customer service experience preferred.
• Minimum 2 years life insurance is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to multi-task with phone calls while processing and documenting work.
• Provide professional, courteous and friendly customer service continuously throughout the day.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and also think outside of the box.
• Able to determine needs of customer and respond quickly.
• Possess ability to learn quickly and retain volume of information.
• Ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10-lbs. maximum and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Call center customer service experience preferred.
Special Skills Requirements
Verbal and written communication skills.
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe,...