Gr 12 - Call Center Manager - PCG Central Business Ofc - FT
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, managing, and monitoring all operational aspects of the appointment call center. Works closely with clinical managers and physicians to ensure high quality, cost effective service is provided and physician/clinician and patient appointment preferences are met. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision and Values
EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Actively monitors and manages the patient appointment schedule and manages assigned staff members to encourage primary goal of keeping all providers in the practice fully booked. Ensures a call list is managed and maintained and that patients scheduled for future appointments are offered sooner appointments as they arise.
- Works with clinical services leaders and physicians to ensure scheduling procedures are meeting needs.
- Acts as resource for staff when they encounter patient issues such as customer complaints or physician dissatisfaction with appointments.
- Monitors live action of staff, completes management reports daily, as well as reviews and monitors calls and service levels.
- Produces reports on appointment patterns, trends, complaints, and outcomes and analyzes results. Makes recommendations about improvement opportunities.
- Maintains the department policy and procedure manual and updates.
- Maintains and develops a competent, productive, and quality conscious workforce by hiring, evaluating performance, counseling, training, issuing corrective action, and recommending promotion or discharge of department personnel according to the MLH value system.
- Responsible for annual operational expense budget, capital request budget, and human resource utilization plan for the department.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years scheduling experience, with one year of experience in a clinical setting, preferably in a medical practice
- Knowledge of medical practice protocols related to appointment scheduling.
- Knowledge of medical terminology for interpreting physician instructions and patient needs.
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements related to patient information.
- Skill in training new appointment schedulers about medical practice scheduling system.
- Skill in serving as resource to call center reps with questions or issues and about the computerized system.
- Strong communication and telephone skills.
- 3 years ago - save job