To provide nursing care to campers aged 8-18 years with a variety of health needs ranging from minor illnesses and injuries, to chronic illnesses such as asthma and diabetes.
• Work with a team consisting of a physician or nurse practitioner, other nurses, Health Services Assistants, and a secretary to care for campers in one of three health centers
• Coordinate care by delegating tasks to the Health Services Assistants, and serve as a consultant when needed
• Perform other duties as assigned to help maintain functioning of health centers
• Camp Nurses work primarily 2, 3, or 6 weeks at various times of day and week to help provide 24-hour coverage. Participation in pre-camp training is also expected.
• Experience in school, camp or pediatric nursing and working with children aged 8– 18 years preferred.
• Good pediatric assessment skills, flexibility, the ability to well with a team, and the ability to make independent decisions are essential.
• An appreciation for enjoying time in the outdoors and the arts is a plus.
• Current Michigan license as an RN. An application for nursing licensure in Michigan can be found at: http://www.mi.gov/documents/cis_fhs_bhser_nurseendpkt_74432_7.pdf Please expect 4-6 weeks for processing.
• Current CPR certification
• Documentation of a negative TB test or chest x-ray within the last 12 months prior to contract start date.
- 3 years ago - save job