How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, Light The Night Walks
Position Location : Upstate New York & Vermont Chapter
Basic Function :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and implementing three Light The Night Walks for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Upstate New York/Vermont Chapter within the chapter's chartered area. Will supervise volunteers and other campaign staff.
- Recruitment and management of past and new fundraising teams and participants in the Albany, NY and Burlington, VT areas.
- Identify and build relationships with corporate and community leaders.
- Manage cultivation of new sponsors and community in-kind partners.
- Recruit, develop and manage volunteer leadership and committees.
- Ensure growth of campaign through motivation of participants and implementation of key fundraising best practices.
- Manage budget and control expenses to effectively meet and exceed income goals. Implement plans for assigned walks including budgets,
- timelines, logistics, and related plans as assigned.Prepare and/or coordinate communication and records to cultivate, retain and recognize media, in-kind and cash sponsorships.
- Prepare and/or coordinate development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned walks including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Maintain and expand target audiences and implement assigned marketing tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors, sponsors and participants.
- Coordinate promotional activities to ensure the success of walks and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Good computer skills (word processing and database programs)
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's Degree.
- 1-3 or more years fund raising and communications, sales, or marketing experience.
- Walk campaign experience preferred.
- 2 years ago - save job