Provides leadership for all Educational activities of the Campus with a business perspective. Plans, organizes and directs Campus activities with the objective of creating a positive, customer-oriented environment. Defines and enforces high-quality academic standards and fosters an effective motivational environment to achieve positive Educational results for all customers. Creates a positive, customer-oriented learning environment; develops quality, applied Educational products; facilitates higher learning in and out of the classroom; oversees the Campus assessment of student learning to improve Educational outcomes. Manages day-to-day operations though chairs, library, information systems and academic support. Serves on Campus- and university-wide committees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides academic leadership for the Campus
- Provides support to chairs, library, academic support, information systems and other Campus units in meeting Educational objectives of the university within budgetary constraints
- Manages curriculum and the implementation of new programs and delivery models in conjunction with other Campuses
- Manages corporate programs through deans/chairs. Oversees technology innovation and implementation
- Facilitates scheduling of classes, rooms and other resources in support of the academic environment
- Provides support and leadership to deans/chairs, library, information systems and academic support in meeting their departmental objectives.
- Implements faculty certification, PLM certification and faculty training.
- Manages day-to-day operations as needed.
- Manages and performs manager evaluations; manages and performs faculty evaluations
- Participates in and makes recommendations in the faculty hiring process.
- Maintains liaison with industry, accreditation and government organizations as needed.
- Participates in Academic Committee. Creates articulation agreements with area Educational institutions.
- Oversees assessment activities for the Campus.
- Participates in budgeting process and management of budget at the Campuslevel.
- Nurtures a positive work and learning environment.
- Travel between Campuses is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries and complaints.
- Present information to top management and public groups.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of extensive technical instructions.
- Familiarity with student life and services, and outcomes assessment.
- Doctorate/Terminal degree required.
- Minimum of five years management experience in higher education and/or corporate environment.
- Proprietary school experience preferred.
Career Education Corporation (CEC) has made a career of handing out diplomas. The for-profit company owns and operates about 90 domestic and...