Campus Graduate-Human Resources Internship 2012-2013(Job Number: 1212042)
Campus Graduate-Human Resources Internship 2012-2013
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Global Human Resources is responsible for the development and delivery of a business-focused HR strategy that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains American Express’ most important asset -- it’s people. Members of the HR organization partner with business leaders to deliver process, programs and services that drive business results and meet the needs of our employees around the world.
American Express is committed to recruiting the highest-calibre candidates to lead and grow our business into the future.
Our well-established Summer Intern Program will provide high-performing MBA/Masters students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic or operational significance to the company’s annual goals. Interns lead a project from beginning to end, and are expected to provide a fresh perspective on existing business problems. Along the way, interns are expected to influence the organization and deliver results and are given significant exposure to senior leadership. The final project deliverable is a presentation of results to senior leaders and the Global Human Resources Community.
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
- Translate the business opportunity into key HR imperatives and provide innovative solutions that may impact individual and organizational capability, talent management, employee engagement and rewards and recognition and drive business results
- Build partnerships with senior leaders and employees at all levels and influence business decisions by providing expert advice and counsel
- Active participation in a MBA/Master curriculum from a top business school
- Significant work experience, preferably in HR related field
- Strong business acumen, strategic mindset and ability to provide thought leadership
- Proven ability to drive results
- Strong leadership experience with demonstrated ability to lead people/teams/projects
Desired skills and strengths
- Demonstration of the highest standard of integrity and professionalism
- Strong project management, analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels
- General change management expertise
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. A leader in global payments, we are the largest card issuer by purchase volume and operate a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of payment, expense management and travel solutions for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations. We have a rich 160 year history of reinvention, and the company is in a transformative time right now. Long known as an innovator in the payments industry, we are at the forefront of efforts to broaden the use of cards and electronic payments to take the place of cash and checks. We are expanding into new categories of money exchange built around speed, security and personal expression. We’re accelerating our development of alternative payments, mobile capabilities and partnerships, and new fee services – adapting our products and services for a fast-evolving digital marketplace.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: United States
Education Level Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
American Express - 19 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...