Dow AgroSciences LLC, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, is a top-tier agricultural company that combines the power of science and technology with the "Human Element" to constantly improve what is essential to human progress. Dow AgroSciences provides innovative technologies for crop protection, pest and vegetation management, seeds, traits, and agricultural biotechnology to serve the world's growing population. Global sales for Dow AgroSciences, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, are $4.9 billion.
The Seeds business is center to Dow AgroSciences long term strategy and is a very dynamic and fast growing part of our business.
This position is designed for new or recent college graduates.
As a Seed Production Management Trainee you will learn all aspects of the seed production cycles of the primary crops produced by Dow AgroSciences from planting to harvest to packaging and distribution of the final product to our customers.
The Trainee learns the fundamental aspects of seed operations to gain knowledge and experience in preparation for future leadership opportunities.
During this program you will you will have on the job, one on one, classroom and online training.
Possible locations to include:
Grand Ridge, IL.
Mt. Hope, WI.
West Bend, WI.
This is intended to be an 18-30 month program.
During this time the candidate may have assignments at more than one of the sites listed above.
Competencies Critical to the Job:
- Participation in the site Environmental Health and Safety program.
- Quality sampling and testing.
- Field production.
- Grower Contracting.
- Conditioning, treating and packaging.
- SAP and other applicable software.
- Integrated pest management.
- Perform other activities as directed by site leadership.
- Warehousing and supply chain activities.
- The critical competencies required for success are interpersonal effectiveness, initiative, teamwork, and negotiation skills.
- Technical proficiency in the use of multiple computer applications and sound analytical skills are necessary for success.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- A thorough understanding of, or the ability to learn quickly, the operational and change management processes within the supply chain and Operations of the Seeds Business.
Job Information/Working conditions:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agronomy or other technical discipline.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and lift 50 pounds
- This role requires some travel to growing areas, primarily in the USA, and occasionally outside the USA. You will be working in field, production facility and office environments.
- Some overtime and weekend work is required.
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Prior seed production or other agricultural experience is a plus.
Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's...