JOB TITLE: Campus Recruitment Coordinator Internship- University of Houston
REPORTS TO: Director and Managers of Recruitment
JOB GOAL :
YES Prep Public Schools is searching for outstanding college students to help us extend our recruitment and marketing campaign on this nation’s best college campuses. The Campus Recruitment Coordinator (CRC) is a critical member of the Talent Acquisition team and is integral in developing and executing a strategy to increase the number of potential applicants and acquisitions from the selected colleges/universities all across the country. As the local voice of YES Prep on the college campus, the CRC will work with the Director and Managers of Recruitment to independently execute a comprehensive campus canvassing strategy that will increase awareness of YES Prep, increase application numbers from the campus and lead to higher quality teachers and staff in YES Prep classrooms.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Attend two conferences (One Fall Conference and one Winter Conference) to observe and internalize YES Prep staff/ student culture and instruction, build recruitment team culture, and work with the Directors of Talent Recruitment to create a dynamic and sophisticated strategic plan for upcoming deadline(s).
- Stay up to date with campus news through websites, student newspapers, student radio and other campus media outlets for the purpose of uncovering major upcoming campus events, career fairs, student leaders who are potential applicants, and active student organizations to target. Work will begin in the late summer, before the start of the school year, due to the timing of many campus recruitment events in August and September.
- Design and execute a campus-wide canvassing strategy that highlights YES Prep in high traffic areas on campus, through the use of flyers, table cards, or information tables
- Network through personal, academic, student organization, and graduate student networks to source applicants
- Coordinate all logistics for, host, and ensure high student turnout to YES Prep information sessions and other YES Prep sponsored events
- Hold one-on-one or small group meetings or dinners with prospective applicants
- Develop relationships with strategic campus influencers (students, faculty, and career center) to invest them in the mission and work of YES Prep and utilize them as a source for quality applicants.
- Build upon, maintain, and deepen relationships with key campus influencers that previous CRCs have built and maintained.
- Build and manage relationships with candidates from your campus throughout the recruitment and application process
- Manage a campus RMS (Recruitment Management Software) database by logging and maintaining a record of interactions with students on campus in order to have excellent data about potential applicants.
- Participate in semi-weekly conference calls to strategize about upcoming visits to campus and/or campus events, reconnect student leaders and organizations with the Manager of Recruitment, problem solve any relevant issues, and constantly reassess the effectiveness of current marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Self-monitor progress and priorities during “slow” seasons of recruitment.
- Promote YES Prep frequently on your personal Facebook/ Twitter account (reposting blog entries from The Answer, and entries on YES Prep’s Facebook page) so that YES Prep is consistently visible to your larger network of classmates, coworkers, professors, and others on your campus.
- Source applicants for replacement CRC for 2014-2015 school year.
- Identify email list servs through which to send job announcements and maintain postings on university job boards
- Additional duties as assigned
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior as stated in the YES Prep Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model and representative of YES Prep;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Full time student at the University of Houston that is in good standing with the institution
- Has maintained a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Skills and Mindsets
- Demonstrated leadership position(s) and significant involvement on college campus
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION :
- A comprehensive understanding of your college campus
- An exceptional level of skill in event planning and project management
- Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends if necessary
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- Belief that every student can and will achieve
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Detail-oriented and self-directed
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
The CRC will partner with the YES Prep Public Schools Talent Acquisition team for the 2013-2014 academic School year. The CRC will work as an independent contractor in partnership with YES Prep Public Schools and will be paid through a sequence of stipend payments for work performed. The stipend for the year will be $2,000.
* The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
These students are hooked on higher education. The University of Texas System runs nine universities throughout the Lone Star State with a...