Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures for Capital Markets Assets Business Initiatives. Relate these procedures to systems and applications that are designed to enable Capital Markets business. Assist Assets Business Initiatives team by developing reports and conducting analysis for Capital Markets systems and applications. Provide input to technology team on development projects and assist in developing specifications and functionalities of systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with Business Team to become thoroughly familiar with Capital Markets business for the purpose of documenting business requirements and user acceptance test strategies for existing or new systems.
- Participate in planning or project meetings in which the application development process is in early stages of defining business requirements. Ensure that the requirements of Capital Markets and user acceptance test strategies are thoroughly and completely represented.
- Conduct or oversee the development and documentation of detailed business requirements for multiple applications.
- Conduct or oversee the development of detailed business user acceptance test strategies and execute user acceptance test in conjunction with business partners for multiple applications
- Ensure that the process of business requirement definition and development of user acceptance strategy is high quality, documented, and consistent with corporate standards of internal controls and auditability.
- Coordinate with Capital Markets management, staff and other stakeholders engaged in application development, coding, testing, user acceptance testing and production to ensure that business requirements are consistently represented and satisfied.
- Coordinate with COTS vendor to ensure upgrades and software releases meet business needs
- Assist Traders and business users in resolving production issues
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Must have strong analytical skills including ability to analyze large quantities of data
- Must have ability to quickly understand and grasp complex processes and concepts that require strong mathematics background (such as pricing and best execution for a loan)
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks and lead/provide direction to junior staff members
- Understanding of the mortgage lifecycle, MBS, hedging and trading concepts strongly preferred
- Understanding of SDLC and its various phases
- Must have experience juggling multiple priorities and working in a fast paced environment
- Must have strong SQL and MS Office skills
- Ability to build consensus and drive decisions
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...