The Cath Lab Radiologic Tech collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in providing care to patients undergoing procedures in the Cardiac Catherization Lab. The position|
's tasks and responsibilities include:
• Competently operates radiologic equipment including ability to trouble shoot in order to solve equipment related problems.
• Operates hemodynamic monitoring computer during procedures.
• Performs decentralized testing, according to protocol.
• Assists the R.N. in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the Cath Lab patient.
• Coordinates and organizes supplies, equipment and instruments needed for Cath Lab procedures.
• Provides assistance to physicians performing Cath Lab procedures.
• Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
• Assists with transporting patients.
• Orients and mentors staff.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program
- RCIS Certification required within 90 days of hire
- ARRT certification and TDH License required within 90 days of hire
- Previous experience in a Cath Lab setting preferred
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required
- ACLS Certification required within 90 days of hire
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and to stand for long periods of time
Denton Regional is a 208 bed full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. Offering...