The Cardiac Surveillance Technician is a member of the heatlh care team under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. The CST assists in the provision of care by continuous cardiac surveillance for telemetry patients. The CST provides indirect patient care by providing supportive functions to the nursing staff.
- Provides continuous cardiac surveillance for telemetry patients.
- Maintains effective communications and collaboration with physician, staff and responsible nurse.
- Maintain current knowledge and competency in rhythm and dysrhythmia identification.
- Compiles and records data for patient records and unit purposes.
- Maintains safety in use of all equipment.
- Teamwork - works cooperatively with co-workers and other departments for the benefit of the organization.
- Orients new staff to CST functions.
- Perform all other related duties and activities as assigned.
- For on-call positions, must have six (6) months of recent telemetry monitoring experience.
- Must obtain BLS with AED certification within 30 days of hire.
- Successfully completes EKG Arrhythmia test with the grade > 90% overall and 100% lethal arrhythmia within 90 days of hire.
Salary Range: $17.78 - $21.37
- Previous cardiac monitoring experience and/ or successful completion of basic cardiac monitoring course, preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and interpret cardiac arrhythmias, preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...