The best ideas in medicine start with the best people.At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of Stony Brook University’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It includes Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 597 beds, SBUH is the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center. We are home of the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. At Stony Brook Medicine, we put the power of ideas to work. Join our team at Stony Brook Medicine – the best ideas in medicine.
Descriptive Title: Cardiology Nurse Practitioner
Budget Title: TH Assistant Director of Nursing
State Professional Position
Department: Nurse Practitioners
State Line#: 18294
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: Current NYS RN Licensure. Master's Degree in Nursing. NYS Certification as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible for certification as a Nurse Practitioner in area of speciality. Five years experience in nursing to include two years appropriate specialty experience.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Provides direct care to selected patients under the supervision of attending Cardiologist.
- Performs approved diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients on the Cardiology Service.
- Provides patient care services to cardiology patients in the Ambulatory Care Pavilion and inpatient under the direction of the responsible cardiologist.
- In collaboration with other cardiology Nurse Practitioners, coordinates all aspects of in-hospital care and discharge planning with the nursing, medical and hospital staff.
- Makes referrals to other health care providers and/or consults the physician for further definitive therapy.
- Maintains ongoing communication with physician collaborator and Associate Director of Nursing relative to select aspects of patient care or administrative issues.
- Acts as a resource and consultant to health care staff.
- Develops, conducts, and evaluates formal and/or informal continuing education programs in area(s) of expertise at Stony Brook Medicine and its community.
- All other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: Shift: Part-time day position. Please note Stony Brook University Medical Center is a smoke free environment. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook University's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 2 years ago