Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) minimum
Works under the supervision of the Cardiac Services Clinical Manager/MD. Role includes but not limited to assisting with all non-invasive and invasive diagnostic and interventional cath, pacer, and EP procedures. Able to meet all performance standards in scrub, monitor, and circulating positions.
1. Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of CRMC and department/service.
2. Monitors patients throughout non-invasive and invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures. Responsible for identifying changes in patient’s rhythm and hemodynamic status. Responsible for accurate and thorough data collection, measurement and calculations. Performs angiographic analysis.
3. Assess, monitor, and administer conscious sedation according to hospital protocol.
4. Delegates job specific duties as required.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
CARDIOVASCULAR: Scrub assistant to the physician. Sets up and maintains the sterile field as well as arterial and venous lines. Assists in catheter/wire manipulation, injects coronary arteries for the visualization of cardiac anatomy along with procedural supply preparation. Operates x-ray equipment, balancing quality imaging with radiation safety. Able to function independently with hemodynamic monitoring equipment which includes operations, troubleshooting and calibration. Completes patient charges. May be responsible to communicate with nursing units, OR and patient’s families but only as directed under the supervision of MD and Cardiovascular Clinical Manager. Responsible for documentation of any equipment problems during the procedure and notify the appropriate contact.
HOLD ROOM: Conducts groin assessments, cardioversions, transesophogeal echocardiograms, and other non-invasive procedures.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
· Establish and maintain relationships conducive to collaborative team approach.
· Accurately assess and record patient hemodynamic information
· Knowledge of all cardiovascular procedural equipment and ability to troubleshoot any problems that may arise
· Knowledge of radiologic equipment and radiation safety
· Functions at a high level of competency with minimal supervision from Cardiovascular Clinical Manager/MD
· Associate’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
· RN licensure in the State of Wyoming
· BLS and ACLS within six months of hire
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
· CVN, RCIS for Cath Lab, and RCES for EP Lab
· Recent and relevant critical care experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is a 222-bed hospital, located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We provide exceptional patient care and are passionate...