When you are in the business of health care, you're in the business of people. At UnitedHealth Group we want every customer experience to be distinctly personal. The challenge is complex. When people call us for help, their focus is on getting the best care possible. We help them understand their benefits and their options. This part of their lives matters a lot to them and it matters just as much to us. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
Positions in this function includes those responsible for initial triage of members, administrative intake of members or managing the admission/discharge information post-notification, working with hospitals and the clinical team. Includes managing incoming calls, managing requests for services from providers/members, providing information on available network services and transferring members as appropriate to clinical staff. Manages the referrals process, processes incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations. This function includes intake, notification and census roles.
- Respond to incoming provider and enrollee calls
- Resolve customer service inquiries which could include:
- Enter notifications, Providers status of an existing notification and determining if notification is required.
- Complete notification wizard along with ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Provide excellent customer service to both providers and enrollees
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance.
- Assist with faxes and emails
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of Professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties
- Must be proficient using a PC as well as with MS Office products such as Word and Excel
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Healthcare or insurance benefits experience
- Experience working with ICD-9 and CPT Codes
- Knowledge of Medicare and/or Medicaid
- LPN, RMA, CMA, or Phlebotomy experience
- Professional experience in clerical or administrator work related role
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records.
- 1+ years of experience working in a Hospital, Physician's office or medical clinical environment.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...