The Care Staff is to provide resident care services to the residents in the Assisted Living area under the supervision of the Resident Services Director according to scheduled duties and assist in maintaining a positive physical and social environment.
Areas of Responsibility
· Able to approach all encounters with residents and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
· Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, positioning, transfer, mobility, medicinal reminders, and incontinence care.
· Keep proper records of care including a resident service plan and documenting services provided.
· Be familiar with resident service plan and document all services provided.
· Report all observations to the RSD and Assistant Resident Services Director (ARSD).
· Immediately report any changes in the resident’s condition to the RSD or ARSD.
· Establish good working relationship with residents through ongoing use of Allegro Policies.
· Work closely and maintain daily communications with the Resident Services staff so that a continuity of care and services is maintained for the residents.
· Meet customer service standards in a friendly, helpful, courteous manner with resident satisfaction a priority.
· Collect laundry, and distribute linens and personal laundry and make beds and straighten up apartments in accordance with Community procedures.
· Assist residents with their supportive devices.
· Encourage and remind residents to attend daily activities.
· Oversee scheduled individual and group activities on a daily basis. Initiate individual and small group spontaneous activities as situations dictate and permit.
· Assist in properly maintaining and safeguarding all equipment in the Assisted Living area and ensure that work areas are clean and safe.
· Understand and follow health, safety and infection control policies and procedures.
· Answer telephone appropriately following the Community policy.
· Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the RSD.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
· Be constantly watchful for signs that residents are not able to function at their usual level or a change in behavior. Report all signs to the RSD following the Company policies and procedures.
· Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the RSD as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
· Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
· Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff, or Community information deemed as such.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work agreed-upon work hours, including possible overtime. - Some weekend and holiday work may be required. Special Requirements/Certifications.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum one (1) year related health care experience required.
· Certification in CPR and first aid preferred or as required by the State.
· Must be flexible/adaptable, proactive, and able to prioritize.
· Must display a sense of teamwork and be a good listener.
· May be a Licensed or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Nursing Assistant (NA) depending on the State requirements and in good standing with the State Licensing or Certifying Agency.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community and State officials and general public.
· Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
· Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
· The Community is a drug free workplace; employees are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
Physical/Sensory Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
· Able to lift and carry loads up to 30 pounds;
· Able to walk, reach, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and stand for long periods of time;
· Able to grasp, with fine hand coordination;
· Able to push and pull;
· Able to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures;
· Able to read and write;
· Able to communicate with residents, families and personnel;
· Able to remain calm under stressful conditions;
· Able to hear and respond to emergency and call system of residents.
ALLEGRO SENIOR LIVING - 2 years ago