American-Mercy Home Care is committed to providing exceptional health care services in the home. In 2007, a joint venture of Mercy Health Partners and American Nursing Care created American-Mercy Home Care, one of the largest, most experienced home care companies in the state of Ohio. American-Mercy Home Care supports our system hospitals: Bethesda North, Good Samaritan, Mercy Western Hills, Mercy Mt. Airy, Mercy Fairfield, Mercy Anderson, and Mercy Clermont as well as other Cincinnati hospitals, extended care facilities and physician offices. As a joint venture, American-Mercy Home Care is part of the Mercy Circle of Caring, and the TriHealth family of providers in the Greater Cincinnati area. American-Mercy Home Care provides services in Hamilton, Butler, Warren, Clermont and parts of Brown counties. American-Mercy Home Care is accredited by The Joint Commission.
We are driven by our mission statement, Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our customers, associates, and shareholders in the delivery of health care and support services in a way that a caring family provides. In addition, we are guided by our values of Accountability, Compassion, Diversity, Integrity, Passion and Quality. Our People First philosophy supports our staff in delivering quality, compassionate care that makes a difference to all our clients and their families. One of our strategic pillars is to ensure our associates are treated respectfully, and to continually look for ways to partner with our associates in a positive work environment to achieve our goals.
Our associates are our number one asset; we have many associates who have been with us for 5, 10, 20 years and more. We look for associates with a positive, enthusiastic outlook who are committed to providing only the best to our clients, their families, and our communities. Join us, as we Exceed Expectations!
American-Mercy Home Care is part of Catholic Health Initiatives. Catholic Health Initiatives is the nations third largest Catholic Health system serving 18 states.
This position is based at Jewish Hospital (Cincinnati)
- Supports CHSs mission, values, strategic goals and high standards of customer service. Consistently lives People First behaviors.
- Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Program, including confidentiality of HIPPA protected health information.
- Following referral of a patient to Consolidated Health Services/ANC, assists discharge planners in coordinating quality home care for clients in the following manner:
- Determines possibility of patient appropriateness for home care.
- Effectively communicates with appropriate disciplines involved in the care of potential home care clients, and provides information and recommendations to ANC staff.
- Develops professional working relationships with referral sources, generating an open flow of information and support of home care goals; provides value added counsel, teaching and resourceful problem solving.
- Available to all discharge planners, physicians, other hospital personnel and clients to analyze eligibility and explain Medicare and Medicaid guidelines, insurance plan benefits, financing options, ANC policies, etc.
- After referral, communicates with attending physicians to obtain verbal or written orders for home care services.
- Assists in ordering equipment, oxygen, IVs, etc., as required to provide proper home care for the patient referred to Consolidated Health Services/ANC.
- After referral, determines individual patient needs for services, referrals, training and provides patient instructions on home care equipment and/or procedures, etc.
- When requested, participates in the education of hospital personnel on home care regulations, the variety of services available and trends.
- When requested, participates in educating/inservicing new hospital personnel on home care and the importance of the communication of this information to their clients.
- Meets with the Administrative Director and other ANC associates to ensure continuity of care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Basis of Rating
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN or LPN license to practice in the state serviced
- Two years of home care experience required.
- One year appropriate hospital nursing experience preferred.
- Strong critical thinking, judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication, training and persuasive abilities.
- Knowledge of home care regulations required.
We have a tremendous responsibility to the people we serve. We strive to hire individuals who share our values and who are driven to make a difference. Applicants whose experience, skills and qualifications match our 'Hire the Best' criteria will be invited to interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All of our personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers and company sponsored training will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or other protected status as provided by law.
Thank you for your interest in employment with our organization. We appreciate your time and look forward to reviewing your application.
How to Apply
Please click the APPLY NOW button to apply for this position.
Please Note: When uploading a resume, please attach only a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
CareerBuilder - 4 months ago
"ANC strives to be a leader in the sports marketing industry through our mission to provide our clients with superior products, unparal...