The purpose of this position is to manage overall delivery of NMW employment services to a designated case load by developing personalized and individual plans, ensuring and coordinating the development of employment opportunities, on-the-job training, and on-going support in employment settings.
- Facilitate appropriate job placements for parents in the NMW Program that will enable them to leave TANF due to increase in family income.
- Provide comprehensive orientation to NMW parents, either individually or in groups, regarding the NMW Program, parent rights and responsibilities and other pertinent information.
- Conduct skills and aptitudes assessments with each parent referred to the NMW Program.
- Provide comprehensive case management to parents referred to the NMW Program. Case management includes counseling the parent regarding life-coping skills, referrals to support services, referrals to appropriate activities after conducting assessments, advocating for the parent and monitoring, evaluating and documenting the parent progress in order to assist the parent to obtain the skills and support needed to become employed.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of parent progress toward meeting his/her stated goals and objectives.
- Recommend that the ISD apply sanctions, and notify ISD of parent status changes.
- Initiate employment supports, as appropriate, in order to help parents obtain and retain employment.
- Teamwork/Training - Attends and participates in scheduled staff meetings and completes required training. Follows assigned schedule. Maintains positive relationships and good communication with co-workers, supervisor, and all other employees of SL Start and program stakeholderes.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality..
- Safety - Maintains a safe working environment, follows safe work practices, and contributes to overall team safety.
- Role Model/Impression Professional in dress and demeanor. Serves as a role model for individuals served and coworkers. Assists with problem solving in the community. Creates positive impression with families, customers and the community.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to train and foster skills development with participants. Bilingual preferred. English and Spanish.
Ability to work with mathematical figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations including billing, service hour calculations, and placement percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to establish work priorities and to work independently.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
At least 18 years of age.
Must possess a valid driver's license, insurance and reliable transportation.
Must have a solid understanding/knowledge of community resources.
- A fun, creative work environment
- Paid Training
- Advancement opportunities
- Strong support and encouragement from upper management
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
- Supplemental Insurance products including Critical Illness and Accidental Injury (all employees 20 hours or more)
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
SL Start - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard