Caretaker II &- Williams Fork Reservoir
Hiring Salary Range: $18.78 to $23.94/hourly
THIS POSITION REQUIRES CANDIDATE TO LIVE ON-SITE.
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water's Operation and Maintenance Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Caretaker II within our Source of Supply section, at Denver Water's Williams Fork Reservoir location. Under supervision, patrols, inspects, operates and maintains power equipment pertaining to the operation, maintenance and construction of canals, conduits, dams, reservoirs, hydro-power plants, and related facilities in assigned areas. Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled duties. Maintains good relations with local agencies and the public.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
* Takes and records information, including reservoir elevations, stream flow readings and weather data.
* Patrols assigned Departmental property to prevent vandalism, trespassing and fires; cooperates with various local public and private agencies.
* Maintains and repairs roads, buildings, and other structures in assigned area, and performs related unskilled and semi-skilled labor such as lifting, digging, carrying, mixing concrete, grounds and road repair, and carpentry work.
* Maintains liaison with visitors to Department facilities and works with local agencies concerning recreational opportunities at these facilities.
* Operates valves to regulate flows, checks emergency valves periodically, and maintains outlet piping, valves, and valve chambers.
* Operates and maintains equipment, such as trucks, bulldozers, front-end loaders, road graders, air compressors and pumps.
* Operates and maintains hydro power plant.
* Carries-out the Department's safety program through job performance and attendance at scheduled safety meetings.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for appointment:
* Knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and tools used in the operation, maintenance and construction work necessary to maintaining an assigned area of responsibility.
* Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions peculiar to the construction, operation and maintenance of water transmission and storage facilities.
* Some knowledge of recreational activities appropriate to Department facilities.
* Some knowledge of the use and care of heavy equipment.
* Skill in the use of power and hand tools.
* Ability to perform work applications on computer systems; Ability to interpret engineering drawings. Ability to keep records and make reports. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Ability to maintain effective working relations with employees and the public.
Education Requirements: Graduation from high school, supplemented with vocational/specialized training in a field related to resource, facility or recreation management.
Experience Requirements: One year's experience in construction, maintenance, resource, facility or recreation management, or related area, with equipment operation as required.
OR Any equivalent combination of education and experience
License, Certificate or Credential:
* Must possess and maintain a valid Class ‘R' Colorado Driver's License, and have a satisfactory driving record of no more than six points within the last three years on the date of appointment.
* Must possess a Class ‘B' or Class ‘A' Colorado Commercial Driver's License as directed within six months of appointment. Some positions require the CDL with Classes ‘H' and/or ‘X' endorsements.
* Must certify on construction, and/or heavy automotive equipment as directed.
* Must have specific pesticide and herbicide certifications within 12 months of selection. May be required to supervise and train certified operators in the use and application of herbicides and pesticides.
* Some positions may require certification for blasting.
* Requires certification in hydro-power plant operations.
Other Requirements: Must perform on-call duty, and work shifts, weekends and holidays, and outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions, as directed. Will be required to live in Department-provided housing on-site.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers.
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412
Denver Water - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard