Performs skilled journey level work independently or as part of a maintenance crew. Skilled in laying out, fabricating, and constructing cabinets and counters. Works from blueprints, drawings, written and verbal instructions. Constructs and repairs woodwork, partitions, benches, floors, and building framework. Installs ceiling and floor tiles, sheetrock, paneling, doors, door frames, windows, and window frames; inspects buildings, facilities, and equipment; recommends repairs.
UC San Diego Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self funded, large, and complex campus department consisting of 9 divisions, with more than 550 career employees, 600-700 student employees and an annual operating budget of $100 million. HDH provides housing for nearly 12,000 undergraduates, transfer students, grad students, faculty, staff and their families. Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD's enrolled students with a goal of housing 50% in the near future. HDH also provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services, and catering services to student residents, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
Please click here to see the Housing Dining Hospitality websites - http://hds.ucsd.edu/ and http://hdh.ucsd.edu/maintenance/ .
~~Must be able to work overtime as needed. May be subject to emergency call in. Ability to safeguard areas and keys assigned.
~~Must be able to work at extended heights; and able to carry tools and walk to various locations.
--Must possess a valid CA driver's license required and must participate in the DMV Pull program.
- Journey level skill and knowledge in the carpentry and cabinet making trade, including, but not limited to, framing, finish carpentry, cabinet making laminate work, interior and exterior walls and ceiling sheathing and finishing, window repair and installation.
- Knowledge of construction materials used in the carpentry trade. Strong demonstrated ability to read and follow instructions and manuals related to the carpentry trade.
- Skills to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to determine repair needs and inform supervisor. Skill to read and interpret blueprints.
- Proven ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Technical ability to learn and use a computer and handle device to communicate via email and complete MAXIMO work order.
- Must have the ability to function effectively as a team member, including working cooperatively and positively with co-workers to achieve unit and area goals.
- Good interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Ability to provide excellent customer service, including greeting customers, completing work in a professional, cooperative manner, providing a solution or an estimated time when you can get back to them, and following up till the job is completed.
--A background check is also required.
University of California - San Diego - 13 months ago