Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Manages key performance indicators of carriers and third party logistics providers, such as on-time performance, price competitiveness, and equipment availability.
· Manages corrective action process with carriers, third party logistics providers, and Ball plants to assure that customer requirements are met.
· Develops and directs Ball’s third party logistics alliances.
· Initiates and directs alternative transportation options to improve quality of service or reduce cost.
· Develops, acquires, and shares transportation best practices with carriers and Ball plants.
· Maintains super-user status on all Ball logistics systems and provides training to others as needed.
· Works directly with Ball customers to design and implement collaborative transportation strategies that improve the overall economics and service quality.
· Manages customs administration.
· Develops, initiates, and manages seasonal surge plan with carriers.
· Internal and external warehousing oversight including contract management.
· Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
· Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education or work related experience.
· Job related experience for 7 years minimum.
· Working knowledge of the following areas:
o Ball’s internal logistics and transportation systems and procedures.
o Generally accepted managerial practices and procedures.
o Logistics and transportation systems and processes, business practices, customer and manufacturing needs and expectations.
· Understanding of and ability to use the online Williams and Associates reports or comparable freight payment system.
· Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard logistics and transportation techniques, procedures, and criteria.
· Ability to provide management review and control over transportation delivery results.
· Ability to work with others.
· Ability to effectively create and maintain a teamwork environment.
Requires short-term and long-term domestic and international travel (50% travel)
Applications will be accepted through February 27, 2013.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 2 years ago