Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
Gathers carts from the parking lot.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Gathers carts manually and by using a remote controlled cart pusher, guiding carts, assembling carts, gathering stray carts, etc.
· Picks up litter from the grounds, planters and the cart room.
· Gathers stray carts in the store.
· Empty recycle machine containers into proper bins (glass, aluminum, plastic).
· Maneuver/stack bins for pick-up.
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Walk, push, pull, and maneuver grocery carts up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
· Reach in front and bend to pick up items at ground level.
· Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
· Work out of doors in cold, hot, and inclement weather conditions.
· Exhibit mental awareness of what is going around them for safety in the parking lot.
· See carts needing to be gathered.
· Exhibit customer relation skills.
· Learn safety and department policies & procedures.
· Hear audible requests (i.e., pages, customers asking questions).
· Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
· Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. often from floor to 6 ft. high.
· Ability to maneuver up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
· Wear reflective vest while outside.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Cart Mover and associated remote control system.
· Manual Pallet Jack.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary. Salary will commensurate with experience.
WinCo Foods - 17 months ago
WinCo Foods isn't just big on self-service -- it's giant. Inside the immense stores (average size is 92,000 sq. ft.) of this...