This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hour shift: 1:30 pm – 12:00 am
Weekend coverage rotational based on staffing
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Internal candidates only (current Sharp HealthCare employees)
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years’ experience in the acute patient care setting including either Intensive Care Progressive/ Intermediate Care, Medical-Surgical and/ or Emergency Room areas
- Comprehensive understanding of fiscal impact of patient management.
- Knowledge of clinical criteria for Utilization Review (InterQual or Milliman)
- Proficiency with information systems and computer programs inclusive of electronic medical records and clinical information programs
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related healthcare field
- Five years’ experience in the acute patient care setting including either Intensive Care, Progressive/Intermediate Care, Medical-Surgical and/or Emergency room areas
- Certified Case Manager
- Two years of Utilization/Case Management experience in an acute care setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
This Case Manager I position is with the Utilization Review department at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This CM position will provide case management in the Emergency department. This is a dynamic and fast paced Case Management Department inclusive of discharge planning, utilization review, social work and support staff team members. The Case Manager is responsible for gathering comprehensive information for patient assessment inclusive of client's health, behaviors, cultural influences, health beliefs and values. Responsibilities include positively influencing patient outcomes by identifying issues requiring intervention, anticipating barriers, utilizing resources appropriately and documenting activities and findings which contribute to the plan of care. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact and manage multiple methods of communication tools (phone, computer, e-mail etc.) Performance is consistent with defined Case Management indicators of quality care, multi-disciplinary medical team collaboration, patient advocacy and resource management.
This position is for an RN Case Manager at Sharp Memorial Hospital, Emergency Department. Case Management at Sharp Memorial Hospital is part of the Utilization Review Department. The department uses a collaborative model of nursing, social work and clinical support to navigate patients through utilization review, resource utilization and the discharge process. This dynamic and fast-paced department is comprised of RN case managers, medical social workers and support staff.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
- 2 years ago - save job