MISSION DIRECT VET is a federally funded jail diversion program that provides manualized treatment to individuals in Massachusetts with co-occurring trauma-related mental health problems and substance abuse disorders who are involved in the criminal justice system. Priority is given to veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan.
The Peer Specialist will provide peer support services such as information, training and advocacy in order to assist veterans in regaining control over their lives and recovery process. The PS will provide a unique perspective and related skills to the MISSION DIRECT-VET jail diversion treatment team. The PS will perform a wide range of tasks to assist veterans in increasing knowledge of and access to community resources, and partner with veterans in the development and implementation of rehabilitation and recovery plans.
- Client transportation.
- Assisting with benefits applications.
- Manualized group interventions.
- Documentation of services.
- Coordination with service providers.
- Participation on the treatment team.
- Individual interaction with program participants.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Previous or current participation in a Mental Health/Substance Abuse system as a recipient of service and a willingness to convey this experience as relevant.
- Must be certified or be eligible for the Mass Peer Specialist training and become certified within 6 months of being hired.
Community Healthlink - 23 months ago
Community Healthlink is a leading community-based provider of comprehensive mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, homeless and...