Rural Health Group is seeking a full-time nurse or social worker Case Manager.
This position is employed by RHG and is stationed at Halifax Regional Medical Center in Roanoke Rapids, NC.
The goal of the HealthNet Case Manager is to assist patients in navigating the health care system more effectively, to understand the importance of preventive health and to manage chronic conditions through consistent contact. The Case Manager is responsible for providing case management to uninsured and underinsured patients and community members, including intake, eligibility assessments and assistance in completing applications for all available healthcare programs. Provide advocacy, education and ongoing follow-up as needed to ensure access to needed healthcare services. Link eligible clients with free or reduced cost primary and specialty care services. Conduct outreach at community sites to promote the local uninsured access to and use of available healthcare services.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use the nursing process to provide case management services and discharge planning for uninsured patients.
- Complete initial client/family assessments and develop problem lists.
- Accurately identify and prioritize at risk patient populations.
- Perform occasional home visits and phone follow up as indicated.
- Collaborate with clients, physicians, community health centers and other providers to develop a comprehensive plan of care.
- Effectively communicate care plans and other client-related activities both verbally and in writing to appropriate personnel and agencies.
- Utilize clinical skills and assessments to work autonomously in the community settings. Demonstrate the ability to use teaching, learning and counseling skills.
- Act as a client advocate for the development of community resources.
- Consult others to identify potential community resources for resolving client health, psychosocial, or financial problems.
- Function as a liaison to external agencies.
- Collaborate effectively with departmental/program staff to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ensure collection of data for outcomes, reports and other studies as requested.
- Provide information for maintenance of case management client database.
- Support efforts to implement disease management model.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Facilitate productive meetings with interdisciplinary team members from across the system.
- Participate in financial planning for specialty care.
- Maintain and advance knowledge and skills in area of specialization.
- Encourage clinical problem identification and resolution activities.
- Identify, address, and report quality issues identified through data sources.
Active North Carolina LPN or RN license
MSW, LCSW, BSW or Behavior Analyst
Competent in the following:
- Organization skills
- Evaluation skills
- Change management
- Self direction
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and assertiveness.
- Understanding and support of the philosophy and objectives of the Access East, Inc.
- Ability to use good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Creativity and attention to detail in the production of materials
At least 2 years experience in direct client care to acute and chronically ill clients in outpatient and inpatient settings.
Evidence of progressive leadership and proficient teaching & communication skills essential.
Strong computer skills – use of Microsoft Word and Excel, must be able to learn to use multiple specialty programs/databases.
Note: Background check, drug screen, and E-Verify required for all positions.
Rural Health Group, Inc. - 9 months ago
Rural Health Group, Inc. is a not-for-profit, community health center dedicated to providing primary medical care, dental care, and other...