This is a float position; must be willing to work at all Sharp Community Medical Group assigned hospitals, including, but not limited to Sharp Chula Vista Hospital, Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
Hours vary depending on business need. Earliest start time 7:00 am/end time 5:30pm. 2 weekend shifts per month
- BSN education required
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license required
- Current BLS certification required
- Professional Certification in Case Management helpful (CCM)
- 3-5 years RN experience in area of specialty required
- Advanced clinical skills in area of specialty required
- Knowledge of Utilization review/Discharge planning required
- Knowledgeable of Interqual and Milliman Guidelines
- Knowledgeable of current standards of clinical practice required
- Familiar with Managed Care
- Knowledge of and experience with on-line computer systems
- Will train in case management component of position if applicant has UR/DCP knowledge/experience
Must be willing to travel to other Sharp Facilities, Spectrum for meetings, etc. The purpose of this position is to provide case management and coordination of care in collaboration with the designated hospitalist team for Sharp community Medical Group(SCMG) members who are admitted to affiliated hospitals. The purpose of this position is to verify and confirm the appropriate level of care is assigned for patients admitted to the hospital, influence capacity, target complex discharge needs and conduct utilization review. The candidate will also coordinate care in collaboration with the designated hospitalist team for Sharp Community Medical Group members.
The Health Services division of SCMG coordinates the medical care of members for inpatient and outpatient services and has a staff of 100 nurses, coordinators and support personnel to manage utilization review, case management and quality improvement functions.
Sharp Community Medical Group, San Diego’s largest group of private-practice physicians, is dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable medical care. The Sharp Community network includes more than 200 primary-care physicians and 500 specialists who practice independently in offices that are conveniently located throughout San Diego County to serve families in all communities. Sharp Community doctors admit to all Sharp hospitals and Rady Children’s Hospital. In addition, Sharp Community patients have access to urgent care centers throughout the county.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 25 pounds
- Carrying up to 15 pounds
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Keywords: 51443, Case Manager-Hospitalist, RN, Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Grossmont Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista Hospital
Sharp Healthcare - 22 months ago