Provides comprehensive case management, needs assessment, legal advocacy, and victim assistance to individuals and families with disabilities and/or disabling conditions in the permanent housing program.
- Assists clients with the application and process for securing housing units
- Establishes and maintains communication with property managers and landlords
- Obtains relevant social history, performs needs and safety assessment for clients as they enter the housing program. Prepares service plan, assists in completion of personalized safety plan
- Provides ongoing case management and budgeting assistance to clients during home and office visits, providing referrals and advocacy as needed
- Collaborates with social service programs for the purpose of providing services to clients based on specific needs
- Networks with other service providers and justice officials to facilitate client services and community response
- Accompanies clients to meetings with law enforcement agencies, lawyers' offices, medical providers or other social service programs as needed. Accompanies clients or arranges for accompaniment to court hearings
- Provides current information on community resources to other staff
- Assists supervisor in training staff and volunteers as needed
- Documents case management activity and other client contacts in client files and client database in a timely manner
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of working clients
- Conducts client support and education groups as needed
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Social Work or related field required. Knowledge of crisis intervention, case management, social work theory and ethics. Experience in and knowledge of family violence theory preferred.
SafeHaven - 15 months ago