RN Case Manager
1. To ensure quality and safe delivery to home health care services.
2. To assist in the provision of home health care services that reflect the Agencys philosophy and
standards of home health and nursing care of assigned clients.
3. The Nursing Supervisor or his or her RN designee shall be available on the premises or
accessible by telecommunications when patients are receiving patient care services.
1. May make the initial nursing evaluation visit and prepare all necessary records pertaining to
physician orders for the Patients Plan of Care.
2. Regularly reevaluate the patients nursing needs as required and prepare all necessary records
pertaining to the Patients Plan of Care.
3. Initiate the Plan of Treatment and necessary revisions.
4. Provide those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills.
5. Assist the Director of Professional Services in supervising and teaching other nursing personnel.
6. Provide direct supervision and competency evaluation of Certified Home Health
Aides and Licensed Vocational Nurses.
7. Inform the physician and other personnel of changes in patients conditions and
needs, including appropriate family/PCGs.
8. Counsel and instruct patient and/or family in meeting nursing and related needs.
9. Prepare and maintain clinical records, progress notes, and other appropriate records
as required on a timely basis.
10. Assist in coordinating all services provided and reports directly to the Director of
Patient Care Services.
11. Participate in in-service training programs.
12. Participate in Coordination of Services.
13. Prepare nursing assignments in accordance with physician orders.
14. Report and record incidents and infections occurring to either patient or personnel.
15. Participate in Quality Management Activities.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES & STANDARDS
1. Ensures quality and safe delivery of home health care services.
a. Provides the initial and ongoing assessment of patients as required.
b. Nursing assessment forms are completed in a timely manner per agencys policy and procedure.
c. Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures if needed.
d. Individual nursing plans of care reflect current client needs.
2. Performs duties consistent with the Nurse Practice Act.
a. Client conditions are assessed in every home health care visit.
b. Nursing interventions are implemented to meet client needs and changed
conditions. Assists in coordinating all services provided.
c. Client clinical record documentation is done per Agency policies and procedures.
d. Physician orders are accurately transcribed, implemented and evaluated for client outcome in a
timely manner. The Physician is informed of significant changes in the clients condition
immediately, as well as other professional persons and responsible staff and family as
e. Infection control and safety measures are implemented per the Agency policies and procedures.
f. Administers prescribed medications and treatments as permitted by law.
g. Provides services requiring nursing skills in accordance with the plan of treatment or plan of
h. Educates and instructs the patient, family or staff as required.
i. Supervises home health and staff as required.
3. Promotes effective written/verbal communication.
a. Skill in conflict resolution is demonstrated. Documentation forms are completed and submitted
b. Participation in appropriate committee meetings is demonstrated.
c. Consultation with the Administrator is initiated as issues and concerns require.
4. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
a. Utilization of equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner is demonstrated.
b. Information regarding malfunctioning equipment and inadequate supplies is given to the
appropriate individuals and followed up on to ensure resolution.
c. Information is given to clients and client families regarding effective and efficient use of equipment
5. Complies with the Agency policies and procedures.
a. Time card documentation is done accurately and in a timely manner.
b. Job performance of Home Health Care Registered Nurse is demonstrated to be in compliance
with the Nurse Practice Act.
c. Participation in the development and implementation of emergency policies and procedures is
d. Maintenance of confidentiality of client information is demonstrated.
e. Infection control and safely measures are implemented per the Agency policies and procedures.
f. Client concerns are consistently addressed per Agency policies and procedures.
6. Promotes education for clients and client families.
a. Identification of client and family needs is demonstrated.
b. Consultation with Home Care Staff Patients, families, PCGs and Director of Patient Care Services
regarding federal, state and local rules and regulations is demonstrated.
c. Participation in education of a client complaint system is demonstrated.
d. Information is given to the clients and/or families on effective techniques for care as required.
Safety education is provided.
7. Promotes education for clients, client families and the community.
Equal Employment Opportunity M/F/V/D
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
2. Current registered nurse registration with the State Board of Nursing required.
3. Experience in home health care or public health nursing preferred.
4. One year of professional experience required.
5. Current CPR certificate required.
1. Ability to accurately perceive sounds, near and far vision, and depth perception in order to safely work with people, objects and materials and to accurately comprehend and provide oral and written information
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting, extensive bending and standing.
3. Ability to deal effectively with stress.
NOTE: Responsible accommodations may be made by the Agency to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity M/F/V/D
- 12 months ago - save job