Community Healthlink’s (CHL) Detox , acute inpatient substance abuse treatment services, providers 24 hour nursing care and observation for clients that are detoxing from drugs and alcohol.
The length of stay varies per client, though the average is 4 to 6 days for the detoxification program. An aftercare plan is developed for everyone who completes the program, and clients are offered help with aftercare placement and treatment.
Community Healthlink’s detoxification program has been awarded a three-year accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). It commended the detoxification program for adopting a “ continuous quality improvement focus ” and for integrating case management into the clinical process, “ resulting in the formulation of thorough and comprehensive transition plans ” for its clients.
CHL’s detoxification program is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health .
Inpatient detoxification services include:
- Medical monitoring for acute alcohol/drug intoxication.
- Potentially severe withdrawal syndrome and related medical problems.
- 24 hour nursing care and observation.
- Bio-psychosocial assessment and treatment planning.
- Intensive aftercare planning and referrals.
- Daily individual and group counseling.
- Nicotine replacement therapy.
- Work with treatment team to provide comprehensive intakes and assessments to include clinical, legal, and additional support service needs for residents.
- Develop appropriate comprehensive and appropriate aftercare plans while working with residents and members of multi-service team of providers.
- Assist residents in engaging next level services.
- Assist residents with securing appropriate entitlements and benefits.
- Coordinate transportation assistance as needed.
- Attend relevant case management training activities.
- Maintains statewide referral database.
- Make referrals and assist residents with transition to behavioral health treatment providers including outpatient services, residential placement and self-help groups.
- Participate in collaborative case conferences regarding service planning for program residents.
- Regularly attend weekly program staff meetings, clinical team, supervision and all other required program meetings.
- Perform and document follow-up activities.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Case Manager II - Bachelor's degree required; degree and/or coursework in social work, counseling, psychology or related field preferred.
All Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Certification in addictions counseling or minimum of one (1) year of experience in field required.
- Current valid US-issued driver's license and ability to provide registered and insured automobile for work related purposes.
- Knowledge of the Massachusetts continuum of care for substance abuse.
- Understanding of addiction and recovery.
- Desire to serve others required.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, ability to work independently, and ability to contribute to team objectives required.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in social services and/or working with program's population.
Community Healthlink - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Community Healthlink is a leading community-based provider of comprehensive mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, homeless and...