Major Functions :|
The Case Manager III provides case management/counseling/advocacy services to an assigned caseload and participates as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team to facilitate the client recovery/rehabilitation process. These goals are accomplished by providing individual and group counseling, making appropriate interventions as needed, and maintaining the healthy integrity of the program environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provides case management/advocacy services to an assigned caseload.
- Participates in monitoring the therapeutic environment to ensure that behavioral guidelines are followed, a therapeutic milieu is maintained, and interpersonal relationships remain positive.
- Provides individual counseling and facilitation of caseload group meetings and other assigned groups.
- Provides psycho-education and counseling germane to chemical dependency and relapse prevention.
- Administers appropriate behavioral interventions as needed.
- Provides role-modeling to Case Manager I and II staff.
- Fills gaps in client services and programmatic activities created by fluctuations in staffing, and may be responsible for acting in the capacity of the Assistant Director of Clinical Services during absences.
- Participates in assessment screenings to determine client needs/preferences; formulates and implements treatment, transition, and discharge plans with individual clients.
- Assumes staff-on-duty assignments as requested, including the observation of urine specimen collection.
- Assumes responsibility for medication management including the direct observation of clients during medication pass for adherence to their prescribed medication regime.
- Conducts facility/safety runs and room checks as assigned to visually assess clients for the use of alcohol/ drugs or the environment of care for unsafe conditions.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate, complete, timely and high quality client records that comply with external regulatory standards and agency policy and procedure.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Works cooperatively with other staff as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Functions as a liaison/advocate to clients’ families and/or other agencies as needed.
- Provides outreach/education/prevention services to the local community, schools, groups, and agencies as necessary and as approved by management staff.
- Provides crisis intervention/management, generating referrals to Mental Health Services and other provider resources, as indicated.
- Performs other duties as requested.
1. Strong individual and group counseling skills.
2. Working knowledge of substance abuse treatment modalities and client self-help/support modalities.
3. Strong writing skills; competencies in writing goal based/person centered treatment plans and progress notes.
4. Ability to participate in CPR and First Aid training.
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. CASAC or other qualified healthcare credential is required.
3. Minimum of 3 years work experience in counseling or case management positions or a Bachelor’s degree in counseling or human services and one year of counseling experience.
4. Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy (Window based environment knowledge preferred).
Monster - 17 months ago
Queens Community House
Forest Hills, NY
- 1 day ago
Providence House, Inc.
- 1 day ago
MCFC Case Manager
New York, NY
- 2 days ago