March 20, 2013
Bilingual Case Manager
40 Hours per Week, Full Benefits
ORR Micasa Foster Care Program
Program serves Latino youth in a transitional Foster Care Program.
- Experience in ORR case management will strengthen your application
- Working with primarily Latino Populations
- Many clients only speak Spanish
- Bilingual in Spanish/English Required
- Come Join the Latino Services Provider Group
When Applying Please Reference Job Code CM-155
Please Follow Application Procedures
The Case Manager I is responsible for assessing the needs of each assigned youth in care, completes extensive paperwork required by the contract, may conduct screenings and intakes, works with all external partners involved in the youth’s lives including ICE, ORR, LIRS, and others . Case managers are primarily focused on a safe and efficient family reunification, with responsibility for tracking placement-to-release ratios.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor’s degree in the behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields; or a minimum of a high school diploma plus three to five years of progressive employment experience in the behavioral sciences fields, advanced education in behavioral sciences fields can be substituted for years of employment experience.
- Child welfare and/or child protective service experience is strongly encourage.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, written, read and verbal required.
We consider education, training, experience and demonstrated skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated mastery of both the English and Spanish language.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a broad variety of people, including staff, supervisors and managers.
- Ability to use computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment serving clients who are struggling with severe emotional and mental health related disorders.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and judgment while working with a variety of people.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries while working with others and in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and seek out supervision as needed or required.
- Ability to regularly attend scheduled shift, be punctual for scheduled shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and agency regulations.
- Visual acuity allowing for analysis of written data.
- Manual dexterity allowing for operation of routine office equipment (computers, telephone, fax, copy machine, typewriter, calculator, etc.)
- Physical dexterity allowing for reaching, stooping, and repetitive motion of wrist, hand or fingers.
- Position may require personal transportation. When driving a personal vehicle, must provide proof of personal auto liability insurance of $100,000/$100,000, provide a copy of a valid driver’s license for state of residency, and have a driving record permitting coverage under corporate policy.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Language Testing in both English & Spanish languages
- TB Test
- Position may require working at multiple ORR Program sites.
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code "CM-155" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put "CM-155" on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive Environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer