Case Planner—Family Wellness Program
The Family Wellness Program provides non-residential services for families affected by domestic violence at Children’s Aid Society sites in Manhattan and the Bronx. We are seeking a full-time, Spanish speaking candidate to serve as a Domestic Violence Advocate/Case Planner in a community-based site. The case manager’s main function will be to assist families who have been affected by domestic violence to obtain any and all services needed to obtain safety and stability for the family.
Illustrative Examples of Work
• Crisis intervention, safety planning, and short-term counseling for survivors of domestic violence
• Conduct comprehensive needs assessments for survivors and/or perpetrators of domestic violence and their families
• Develop short and long-term strategies to meet goals
• Assist with obtaining services including, but not limited to: safe housing, public benefits, emergency financial assistance, health care, domestic violence counseling, mental health services, substance abuse services, educational services, legal advocacy and representation, and other needed services
• Complete referrals and follow up on services
• Make phone calls and write letters on behalf of clients
• Assist clients in completing applications, filing claims for Office of Victim Services compensation, and applying for and advocating for benefits
• Accompany clients to appointments related to accessing services
• Will be trained in crisis intervention and able to provide short-term counseling to clients when necessary, until clients are connected with long-term counseling
• Conduct community outreach
• Provide training and consultation
• Collaborate with other service providers internally and externally
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Bilingual Spanish/English fluency REQUIRED. Candidates who are not fluent in Spanish need not apply.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Training and experience in case management and/or working with survivors of domestic violence preferred.
• Knowledge of the New York City domestic violence service system, public benefits, housing system and other social services is preferred.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer
Hours per Week:
Full or Part Time:
Salary or Hourly:
Dunlevy Milbank- Harlem