Compile and maintain accounts receivable records by posting incoming payments to customers’ accounts and reconciling all deposits accordingly. Responsible for more complex depository accounts.
- Post payments for all customers; reapply incoming amounts direct to individual invoices within 2 business days of receipt of payment. Identify cash shortages/overpays and communicate with appropriate Credit Analyst and/or Sales Representative. Document any and all communications in Credit Messaging System accordingly.
- Post and apply all incoming UPS/FedEx payments (COD payments taken by carriers) to appropriate customers accounts.
- Post and apply all incoming wire transfers and ACH payments (as communicated by bank).
- Reconcile Will Call cash drawers according to orders picked up previous day and deposit all payments received.
- Process all debits and credits as instructed by Customer Service (with approval by A/R Supervisor).
- Process all paperwork required (systematically) for any refused order.
- Handle all incoming A/R calls (non-Credit related) from Sales and/or customers.
- Punctual and regular attendance is a job requirement.
- Assist in other financial functions as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Some vocational or college preferred.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATION
- 1-2 years experience in accounting, A/R and/or A/P required.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Type minimum 35 WPM.
- Data entry/ten key skills (minimum 10,000 kph).
- Good verbal communication skills (face-to-face and over the phone).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel and Word.
- Follow-up and follow-through capabilities.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to function successfully in high-stress situations.
- Be flexible in work hours/lunch hours as job loads dictate.
- Have a “can do” attitude about all duties, and complete in minimum amount of time.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping, as well as movement of files and boxes at times. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Petra Industries - 16 months ago