Leading investment bank based in New York is looking to add a VP / Director level trader to their FIC team. This is an expansion hire as my client looks to develop their core USD Rates business even further. This bank has an international reach and a very strong presence globally. The chosen trader will join a top-tier team alongside well-respected professionals and very good support systems in place.
The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience USD Cash Interest Rates / Treasuries trading with a decent period focused on TIPS. The focus of the role will be to contribute to and increase the number of active investors to whom the bank deals in Interest Rates by pushing the sales force and generating positive PNL figures.
This role will have a broad mandate allowing flexibility with constructing USD Cash Interest Rate products / Treasuries that the market demands. A strong track record in the USD Interest Rates trading space in general is key.
• Minimum 5 years industry experience trading in the general USD Cash Interest Rates / Treasuries space
• Must have market knowledge, interest, and experience in the US Fixed Income and TIPS industry
• A strong technical knowledge of cash rates / treasuries / TIPS
• A strong track record of Interest Rates trading, ideally with some focus on TIPS
• Ability to work under pressure and within an international environment
• Eligibility to work in the USA
• Maintain and develop the banks’ USD Interest Rates franchise
- Product focus cash rates / treasuries / TIPS for both market making and hedging purposes
• You will work closely with the Executive Directors for Interest Rates Sales and Trading
• Develop the global client franchise by improving levels of business passing through the desk and therefore profitability
• Generate positive PNL figures trading USD Cash Interest Rates / Treasuries with a main focus on MARKET MAKING USD TIPS
• Manage own risk
• Advise clients and provide them with trade ideas
Interested candidates please kindly send your resume to email@example.com or call 0044 207 019 4194 to speak with a senior consultant
Selby Jennings exists to enable exceptional careers around the world; we connect exceptional talent, with exceptional opportunities.