We are focused on a single goal: to significantly raise the standards of residential property management. At Winn, we create innovative solutions to provide better opportunities for residents in our managed communities. With over 95,000 units, WinnResidential is recognized as one of the largest firms in residential property management in the U.S. and recently ranked #1 on the National Affordable Housing Management Association’s (NAHMA) Affordable 100 List as the largest manager of affordable housing in the nation.
WinnResidential has been fortunate to have a reputation for creating “Communities of Quality” through a combination of fresh thinking and hard work of our dedicated staff. Our staff, as an integral part of our approach, is why we engage top talent who share our management philosophy to come work for us. Being a part of WinnResidential’s team means you possess a passion for excellence, you deliver service beyond expectations, and your integrity is never compromised.
Six Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Boston, MA 02109
The Abandoned Property Coordinator gathers data and provides on-going analysis of the company’s potential liability related to unclaimed funds in compliance with state guidelines. This position oversees all processes pertaining to or related to unclaimed funds as owed by the company. Communicates on a regular basis with the Senior Cash Manager, Accounting Department and with members of the management team.
• Maintain and compile ongoing reports of funds to be escheated to the state as unclaimed property.
• Develop and track due diligence notifications under time sensitive deadlines.
• Run reports and analyze data for all properties utilizing the Yardi Accounting System.
• Research voided items in the Accounting system. Work with Property Accountants and Property Managers as needed to determine if payments are due.
• Responsible for managing and voiding all outstanding checks as they become stale-dated.
• Review outstanding checks on a monthly basis to determine what checks are payable to vendors/current tenants/past tenants.
• Draft and mail due diligence letters to attempt to reach the payees at the forwarding address/last known address and manage the responses
• Research the Unclaimed Property laws for each state that the research shows potential liabilities in and create an Excel database of the state reporting guidelines.
• Create CD-ROM’s for each property for the reporting cycle that will contain the NAUPA file of the data as required by states.
• Prepare AP upload for each reporting cycle for the final escheatment checks issued to the states from each property.
• Reconcile the escheatment liability account on a monthly basis.
• Process voids in Yardi Accounting System.
• Other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Cash Manager and Cash Manager.
• Basic understanding of abandoned and unclaimed property processes.
• 1-3 years experience in project management.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• BS/BA degree in Business or related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Yardi experience a plus
Anticipated Work Schedule:
The position is a full-time position. The hours of the position are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 8 months ago