Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
Provides customer service by processing customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly customer service.
· Operates checkstand equipment such as a cash register, scanner and scale to process customer orders using two aisles to check customers.
· Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
· Processes monetary transactions (i.e., giving and receiving change, etc.) including cash, checks, gift certificates, travelers checks, food stamps, processing coupons, and refunds.
· Maintains knowledge of current product location, monitors UPC codes and ensures proper pricing.
· Maintains clean, neat and properly stocked checkstand and ensures safe and secure work area.
· Stocks, prices and rotates merchandise.
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Perform friendly, courteous, tactful relations with customers and co-workers with composure.
· Communicate (hearing and speech) to perform customer relation skills.
· Complete written forms.
· Conduct visual inspection, read information on merchandise, etc.
· Lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 20 lbs. frequently and perform repetitious work accurately.
· Lift up to 50 lbs. occassionally.
· Operate checkstand equipment such as cash registers, scanners, and scales.
· Stand for long periods of time, walk rapidly, bend, stoop, twist, and turn frequently for long periods of time.
· Manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination.
· Learn and memorize a considerable amount of information including PLU codes, location of products, checkstand and keyboard procedures and company policies.
· Ensure accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary transactions with mental alertness and basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
· Climb and balance on ladders when stocking shelves.
· Use blades for box cutting.
· Work in a cooler and freezer.
· Use household cleaners to maintain work area (i.e., waxes, glass cleaner, etc.).
· Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties.
· Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Fork lift, electric and manual pallet jacks, handtruck, garbage and card board compactor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary.
WinCo Foods - 9 months ago
WinCo Foods isn't just big on self-service -- it's giant. Inside the immense stores (average size is 92,000 sq. ft.) of this...