Providing superior customer service, the cashier/clerk processes customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner and stocks general department shelves, including grocery, non-foods, HBC, frozen food, liquor, dairy and frozen shelves, refrigerated merchandisers and displays.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18-years old.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Accurately processing cash register transactions, inputting product costs, giving back change, processing checks, debit and credit cards, EBTs, WIC checks, refunds, product coupons and gift certificates.
- Understanding the importance of and monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the use of product shelf tags and accompanying UPC codes.
- Keeping clean, neat, and orderly check stands and work areas.
- Ordering and stocking general department (grocery, dairy, frozen food, liquor, HBC and non-foods) products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
- Helping maintain merchandise displays, including end-caps, floor displays and aisle displays.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use check stand register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and pertinent company policies and learn and memorize produce codes, plu and rdm codes, product department assignments and locations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, checks, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Memorize locations of products sold within the store.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- As a cashier lift up to 30 lbs and maneuver 50 lbs, and as a clerk lift 50 lbs and maneuver 100 lbs.
- Work in walk-in coolers and/or freezers.
- A natural desire to greet, engage with and sincerely thank the customer.
- An outstanding work ethic and a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance.
- Ability to work well with others, helping to support each team member’s effort to succeed.
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to new jobs, schedules, team members, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to think through one’s decisions, solving problems and coming up with solutions.
- 2 years ago - save job
The AJ's concept was created in 1985 with a mission to bring an upscale gourmet market experience to the Valley. Since then, we have grown...