POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Responsible for stocking, cash register operation and customer service at an Envision Base Store located on military bases.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
• Answer customers’ questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
• Responsible for operating a cash register; itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
• Help ensure the safeguarding of store assets, inventory, and cash.
• Pack customer purchases in bags or cartons.
• Assist customers in transporting large purchases to their vehicles.
• Assist with maintaining the store and warehouse in a clean and orderly manner.
• Stock shelves, racks, and bins with merchandise.
• Label products with barcode labels.
• Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: Previous experience in retail sales and computer applications preferred.
• Basic knowledge of computer applications.
• Basic knowledge of customer service principles, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality service standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to project a professional image to the public.
• Must possess organizational and mathematical skills.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
1 Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures;
viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
0 Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or
power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks
such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
0 Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
0 Required to operative motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Envision - 22 months ago