s point person for both students and parents concerning student account balances and has mid-level authorization to make decisions regarding such balances. This position is critical in the management of student accounts with a high level of accuracy and an equally high level of excellent customer service to students, parents, staff, faculty, and external entities. This is a full-time position within the Finance Office, reporting directly to the Controller.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates cashier stations - Cashing checks, disbursing petty cash, and receiving and posting payments by cash, check, or credit cards, posting activity to the General Ledger and Student Billing systems, and perform daily reconciliation;
- Prepare monthly student statements and reviews each statement for accuracy;
- Manages those statements that are in default, communicating with both the student and the parent to offer advice on available payment options, financial aid, courses of action, and other matters;
- Places delinquent students on both registration and transcript hold;
- Manage student deposits, payments, and qualifications for all off-campus trips, working with the Director of International Studies and the various trip directors;
- Handles telephone, e-mail, and in-person queries from parents and students regarding student accounts and other matters, which also requires knowledge of financial aid, registration processes, and the TuitionPay payment plan;
- Assess monthly interest on student statements, keeping in mind any exceptions;
- Assess miscellaneous charges to the student statements, such as library and parking fines, health charges, disciplinary fines, etc.;
- Manage student special payment programs such as Vocational Rehabilitation and Army and Air Force ROTC Scholarships;
- Process/maintain records for Perkins, Stafford, Schell, Rogers, and Parent Plus Loan programs, which includes maintaining master promissory notes;
- Other student statement entries, which include the tuition remission, foreign exchange programs, accounting transfers, etc.;
- Produce and maintain Title IV required communication to student and parents for all loan programs in a timely and traceable manner;
- Reconcile assigned G/L accounts, including student accounts, and supporting reconciliations;
- Manages student workers assigned to the Finance Office;
- Communicates with other offices, such as Registrar, Student Life, and Financial Planning, to insure an open line of information for all student related matters;
Education and Experience
High School Diploma required with supplemental business training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a responsible fiscal position is desired, with preference given to those will collegiate bursar or cashiering experience.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are necessary, including the ability to speak in a professional and diplomatic manner while cultivating positive relationships with school families.
Strong Excel & Word skills are required. Experience working with either Jenzabar or other collegiate operating systems is preferred.
Strong mathematical skills are absolutely necessary.
An ability to multi-task and manage time commitments in an area that is vital to student/parent satisfaction.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus necessary.
CareerBuilder - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard