Cashier: Part-Time, Seasonal.
Specialty Sports Venture (SSV)
Redwood City, CA.
Experience of a Lifetime . More than just our mission, these words describe Vail Resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work for Vail Resorts and its subsidiary SSV, is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Cashiers process store sales accurately and efficiently through the use of a cash register while delivering world-class customer service.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately and efficiently ring up customer sales
- Ensure an enthusiastic and professional level of customer service at all times
- Maintain awareness of current promotions and advertisements
- Adhere to all company policies and guidelines
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- A minimum of one year relevant work experience - preferred
- Experience in the retail field - preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn register - required
- Basic math skills - required
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Learn more about Specialty Sports Venture
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 170 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Compensation: Starting at $9.00 per hour, depending upon experience
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
- Free ski pass to our world-class resorts; including Kirkwood, Heavenly and Northstar
- Seasonal Health Insurance plan
- Retail discounts at our stores
- Excellent training and professional development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 8 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...