Under general supervision and in accordance with policies, directives, established procedures and controls, is responsible for the receipt and posting of various cash and check transactions initiated by the walk in customers and employees of the Lifetime Healthcare Companies.
• Receives a variety of payments and other cash and cash-related transactions; verifies and posts to appropriate accounts; issues receipts.
• Prepares cash and checks receipts for bank deposit; prepares daily cash reports and balances the cash drawer; reconciles all cash and check receipts daily, and investigates and resolves any out-of-balance problems.
• Prepares daily deposit for Armored Truck pickup. Logs all Corporate and Cafeteria deposits onto log sheet prior to pickup.
• Assists walk-in customers with locating the appropriate account number when necessary. Produces alternative remittance document when not available.
• Provides information to customers regarding pertinent rules, policies, and procedures related to cash and cash-related transactions; directs subscribers to customer service, as appropriate, to seek resolution of problems beyond the information available to the cashier.
• Projects currency and coin requirements and reorders as necessary.
• Maintains the Control Change box. Controls change and balances daily.
• Tracks and distributes A/P checks requested by employees when internal distribution is necessary.
• Acts as a backup for the Finance Payment Processor as needed during vacations and heavy workload periods.
• Records all credit memo information on excel spreadsheet. Pursues all missing information from appropriate staff members
• Deposit all FBIP checks and prepare payment stubs for entry into Falcon system.
• LTC Premium: Sorts and batches premium received by company logo, verifies payment amount, prepares deposit on appropriate deposit ticket. Enter invoice and payment information into Eclipse.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• High school education or equivalent with an emphasis on business courses.
• Bank teller or previous cashier experience preferred.
• Familiarity with PC operation, calculator and cash register functions required.
• Work experience in Excel, Access and Lotus Notes databases is required.
• Ability to work with detailed data, the processing of information with a high level of accuracy and handling of confidential information with discretion is required.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively interact with all levels of personnel and external customers are required.
• Must use good judgment and exhibit professionalism when dealing with all customers.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 21 months ago